If you’re a member of Costco, you now that one of the best perks is being able to fuel up at their gas station. They charge some of the lowest gas prices around and they use Top Tier gas, so you know it’s just as good as any other gas station.
The lines can be long, depending on when you go, and it’s only worth waiting a few extra minutes if the prices are good. But who wants to drive up to the Costco gas station only to find out the prices aren’t as good as we thought?
What if you want to find out how much Costco gas costs at the one near you? We have a solution.
Table of Contents
Check Gas Prices at Costco.com
Did you know that you can find the price of a gallon of gas at any Costco just by visiting their website?
It’s super simple, here’s how to find the price of gas at any Costco location:
- Visit the Costco.com website’s “Find a Warehouse” page
- Click the blue Find a Warehouse button.
- Enter in the City, State or Zip Code and click Find.
- On the list of warehouses, click the Store Details link to open up the warehouse page.
- Under Warehouse Services, look for the big + Plus sign next to Gas Station, click that.
- It will show you the Gas Station Hours as well as the current price. They add a caveat that the prices are updated frequently but may not reflect the price at the pump. I’ve found it to be pretty accurate.
Another tip – check the gas hours and go when the warehouse is not open. The lines will be much shorter. The hours shown there are for their Beltsville, MD location. On weekdays, the gas station is open at 6AM but the warehouse doesn’t open until 10AM – there are practically no lines if you got at 7 or 8 AM.
Check Gas Prices on the Costco Mobile App
You can also check prices on the Costco Mobile App, which can be a little easier if you want to search locally and have Location Services enabled.
- Open the Costco app and click on the Warehouse icon in the lower menu.
- It will open up the map and snap to the closest warehouse, showing you the current gas prices.
- If you want another warehouse, you can search by City, State, Zip or Postal code by tapping the magnifying glass at the top left. Or zoom out and tap on any warehouse location.
Check Prices on Gas Buddy
Finally, if you are having trouble with the information on Costco.com or the app, you can always confirm with a site like GasBuddy. It relies on user reported data, which can potentially be more up to date depending on how active users are in your area, and you can use it as a way to confirm the prices you see on Costco, if you’re so inclined.
It can also show you other prices nearby, in case the line is too long or you don’t want to go to Costco.
If you’re a fan of Costco, hopefully this can save you some time in finding out how much gas costs there. Finally, remember to use the best credit card for Costco if you want to maximize cashback.