Finding a good bank account is absolutely crucial. Your checking and savings account is the center of your financial network map so it's important you pick the right one.
Latest Bank Rates
In your day to day, your spending may be done with cash, with credit cards, or with debit cards… but your savings account is the key to your financial fortress.
How to Pick a Good Bank
If you've never chosen a bank before, there are a lot of details to look over. You start with fees and minimum balances, just so you know how much it'll cost you, but beyond that, there are a ton of little questions you probably haven't even thought about.
How many ATMs does it have? Do they offer ATM refunds?
I share with you a detailed look at the criteria I use to pick a bank.
Best Bank Promotions
Now that you know what to look for, let's see which banks are willing to give you hundreds of dollars to open an account, set up some direct deposits, and wait.
The days of competing with toasters, t-shirts and frisbees are looooong gone.
Best Online Savings Account
There are brick and mortar banks, for when you need to get face to face with a teller, and then there are online savings accounts who will pay you a decent interest rate. The average interest rate from a checking account these days is a hair over ZERO – here are some of the best out there.
I show you my top picks among the banks plus one great credit union!
No one was born knowing how to use the various financial instruments available to us today. Sometimes you need to get back to the basics and here are our instructional posts to help you fill in the blanks:
- How to Build a Bank Account Firewall
- How to Write a Personal Check
- How to Cash a Personal Check Without a Bank Account
- The Best Way to Exchange Foreign Currency & Money
- Why is there a limit of 6 ACH transfers per month with savings accounts?
- How to Find a Notary Public to Notarize Documents
- How to Give the Gift of US Treasury Savings Bonds
- Home Equity Line of Credit: An Underrated, Yet Powerful Financial Tool
- How I Use a Certificate of Deposit Ladder for Emergency Funds
I'm slowly building this out but we have a few reviews!