It’s often said that real estate is one of the more reliable paths to wealth. Then the subprime mortgage crisis happened, the housing bubble popped, and historical data has shown that from 1890 to 1990, after adjusting for inflation, home prices only rose 0.2% a year. Yikes. Feels neither reliable nor a path to wealth! […]
What would an extra $10 a week mean to you? What about an extra $50 or $100? $200?
For most people, it would mean a lot. It would mean not having to worry about whether to buy chicken or beef. It would mean not having to cost the last mile home to save a little on gas. It would mean more goes into the emergency fund so you can sleep better at night.
Saving money is great, it's fast and it's immediate, but finding ways to make more money is the next step after the last penny has been squeezed from the stones of life.
This archive contains every post on Wallet Hacks about making money and the most popular ones are:
- A curated list of nearly 300 websites to earn extra money
- How to get free money from sign up bonuses (nearly $3,000 up for grabs)
- 10 sites that pay you money for things you already do
- 21 Passive Income Ideas
- 20+ Best Bank Promotions & Bonus Offers: Minimum $100 New Account Bonus
That's just a start - there are so many posts to learn from!
HSBC Bank is one of the world’s largest banks and now they’re offering one of the largest bonuses as a welcome deposit. It’s becoming increasingly popular for banks to offer large bonuses if you open an account, deposit new money, and satisfy a few other conditions. HSBC is getting into the game and the welcome […]
Banks need accounts. You need more cash. How about $200 to open a Wells Fargo Everyday Checking account and making it your main bank account? That’s what Wells Fargo is willing to do if you’re willing to open an account, deposit $25+ make 10 posted purchases or payments each month for 3 consecutive months. It’s […]
Christmas is right around the corner, and people plan to spend around $983 on gifts this holiday season according to a new survey. Does this sound like you, and do you need to earn extra money to get there? If you’re worried how you’re going to buy presents this year, there is still time to […]
When you’re a student, it feels like you have the toughest job in the room. Then you grow up and realize the person at the front of the room has it much harder. 🙂 Many teachers don’t make nearly as much as they should and so many look to other opportunities to supplement their income. […]
When I was younger, I would do side hustles all the time. I’d buy things online at a discount, sell them on eBay, and ship out the products. I’d make somewhere around a hundred bucks a week of spending money but it took so much time. My best finds were John Deere trucker hats I […]
Not everyone wants to quit their job, travel the world, or retire early. I get it. When I quit my job, I enjoyed it. The commute wasn’t great (I did client work and often had to brave the DC Beltway) but it gave me a sense of purpose, fulfillment, social interaction (my co-workers were awesome), […]
You’ve probably heard of “the 1%.” They’re the absurdly wealthy who have more wealth than the remaining 99% (based on data from Credit Suisse). But what does it take to be in the 10%? 20%? Is it still stunningly wealthy? Or does the line drop quickly? We know that the average net worth of Americans […]
Banks used to offer t-shirts and toasters to get folks to deposit their money. These days, they skip the promotional items and go straight for what matters – bonus money. A nice hello and a wad of welcomed cash. On this page, I’m going to list the best bank promotions and bonus sign up offers […]
If you enjoy spending time in your car, you might be able to parlay that into a nice side hustle for some extra cash. With the proliferation of ridesharing apps and others in an increasingly growing “side gig economy,” there are a lot of reputable ways you can earn money doing side jobs involving your […]