I was so honored to be a guest on So Money!
I hope you got a lot of value out of our conversation, I think we were able to cover a lot of different subjects in a short amount of time. It’s always a pleasure to chat with Farnoosh and a blast to have her push record and share it with all of you! Please let me know what you think!
If you’re a first time visitor, I invite you to read this page to know how the site is laid out.
In the episode, I mentioned a few systems I put into place to manage my money and the basics are included in this epic guide – How to Build a Rock-Solid Financial Foundation. The documents I update on a monthly basis are the “Finance At A Glance” section and include my money field manual, net worth record, and financial network map.
Love contests? Love to read?
Want to win ten of the best personal finance books? I polled Wallet Hacks readers for the ten best personal finance books and then put them in a giveaway. I’m calling it the Money Library Starter Pack ($150+ value) and one lucky winner will take home them all!
You get one entry for yourself and then FIVE entries for each additional person you refer who signs up!
As a So Money listener, you get a one week head start on the competition! I won’t share this with the world until next week!
You can win the following books:
- You’re So Money: Live Rich Even When You’re Not by Farnoosh Torabi
- The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey
- I Will Teach You To Be Rich by Ramit Sethi
- Your Money or Your Life by Joe Dominguez and Vicki Robin
- The Richest Man in Babylon by George S. Clason
- The Millionaire Next Door by Thomas J. Stanley and William D. Danko
- The Automatic Millionaire by David Bach
- Think & Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
- The Wealthy Barber by David Chilton
- Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
If you already own Fanoosh’s book You’re So Money and win, we can swap it out for another book. (sorry, no swaps on the others)
Giveaway starts January 25th and ends February 12th, 2015.
Want Wallet Hacks Delivered Weekly?
Please subscribe to the free newsletter! (if you entered the contest, you’re automatically subscribed but won’t get emails until after the contest is over)
Wallet Hacks is a blog about money – how to save more of it, how to make more of it, and how to invest it wisely so you don’t have to work for the man forever.
It’s also about being smart about how we do things. If you do what everyone else does, you get the same result as everyone else.
To excel, you have to not only work harder, but work smarter too. All throughout our lives there are strategies and techniques that people use to work smarter. You can use them too, if you only knew about them.
I share the best strategies, tactics, and cheat codes the wealthy use to get ahead financially and in life.
Here’s a freebie (actually, they’re all free :)) – give your car insurance agent a call and ask them if there are any discounts you can get that you don’t already get. They will tell you!
I was able to get a 7% discount on my auto insurance (with GEICO) by joining the National Military Families Association for $15 because they’re an affiliated organization. I saved about a hundred dollars on car insurance, gave $15 to NMFA, and discovered it because I called my agent. It took ten minutes and the discount remained even if I didn’t continue my NMFA membership.
Want more hacks like that? Sign up for our free newsletter and get access to exclusive bonus material material including:
- The Wallet Hacks Power Toolbox – The power tools I use to get ahead financially and in life. Only for subscribers!
- Top 10 Mistakes Nearly Everyone Makes When Trying to Get Financially Fit – I discuss ten little things many people mess up but are easily corrected.
- 40 Simple Ways to Save Money You Must Try Today – Forty different ways to save a lot of money without a lot of effort.
- 5 Money Saving Hacks backed by Scientific Research – With scientific research published in the NE Journal of Medicine and work from universities like Stanford, this list of behavior science backed hacks will save you hundreds if not thousands of dollars.
Get them and more, in seconds — join us!
Talk to you soon!