Forget free toasters and t-shirts, these days banks are fighting tooth and nail for your business.
Chase is one of the most generous with offers in the hundreds of dollars when you open a new account.
Chase Bank changes these offers up frequently. I've seen offers for $350 all the way up to $500. Sometimes there will be multiple promotions on the same accounts, so always go with the higher one if you can meet the balance requirements! We maintain a list of the best bank promotions for a checking and a savings account.
For each offer, you can open an account online or you can request a Chase coupon via email and bring it to your local branch to open an account.
The current available Chase promotional offers are:
Chase Total Checking Account- $200
Here are the details of the Chase Total Checking Account offer.
You can get $200 when you:
- Open a new Chase Total Checking account and
- Set up and receive a Direct Deposit with 60 days. The direct deposit needs to be an electronic deposit of your paycheck, pension or government benefits.
- If you close the account within 6 months of opening, they will take back the bonus money.
The Chase Total Checking account has a $12 monthly service fee unless you do one of the following:
- Have a monthly direct deposit of $500 or more into the account, or,
- Keep a minimum daily balance of $1,500 or more in the checking account, or
- Keep an average daily balance of $5,000 or more in any combination of qualifying Chase checking, savings, and other balances.
Once you meet the requirements, the bonus will be deposited within 10 business days. The bonus will be reported as interest.
Chase Premier Plus Checking – $300
This one is separate from the above and it's $300 for opening a Chase Premier Plus Checking account. You must get the coupon via email and bring it to a Chase branch.
You need to be a new Chase checking customer and have your direct deposit made to the account within 60 days of opening the account. You'll get the bonus within 10 days. You need to keep the account open for at least six months or they will deduct the bonus.
The Chase Premier Plus Checking account has a $25 monthly service fee unless you do at least one of the following:
- Keep a minimum daily balance of $15,000 or more across your Chase accounts (checking, savings, and other balances), or,
- Have automatic payments to your qualifying linked Chase mortgage from your Chase account. Payments set up through Online Bill Pay do not qualify. Mortgages must be in good standing and be first mortgages with servicing retained by Chase.
This account has a bunch of other perks too – like no-fee Chase design checks, no Chase fee on the first 4 non-Chase ATM transactions each statement period, no annual rent for a small safe deposit box, and more. You also earn interest on your checking account balance with this account.
All bonuses are reported as bank interest on Form 1099-INT.
You Invest by J.P. Morgan – up to $625
You Invest by J.P. Morgan is a brokerage account with 100+ commission free online trades (stock and ETFs) for the first year.
You can get up to $625 when you open and fund a new You Invest account. The bonus you earn is based on how much you deposit:
- Fund with $25,000 – $99,999: Get $200
- Fund with $100,000 – $249,999: Get $300
- Fund with $250,000 or more: Get $625
You can open a brokerage (individual or joint taxable), Traditional IRA, or Roth IRA, make the deposit and you'll earn the bonus on the 45th day. Maintain the funds for 90 days and you'll get the bonus in 10 business days. There's also no monthly service fee!
All customers get unlimited commission-free online stock, ETF, and options trades. There are options contract and other fees may apply.
Learn more about You Invest by J.P. Morgan
INVESTMENT PRODUCTS: NOT A DEPOSIT • NOT FDIC INSURED • NO BANK GUARANTEE • MAY LOSE VALUE
How to Get a Promotional Chase Coupon
To get these deals, you may need to go to the website and request a “Chase coupon.”
The bonus terms and conditions are above but to get access to the offer, you'll need to go to the Chase website and request a “coupon.”
Now go to your email account and print out the email they sent. Take it to a branch and open an account. You will need to bring the email, either as a printout or on your phone, so they can enter in the coupon code. It's a long string of letters and numbers.
If you go to a Chase branch without one of these coupons, wit the coupon code, they may not give you the offer. Go with the coupon and avoid any questions.
That's all you need to do to get the promotional coupon offer!
Who Is Not Eligible for Chase Bonuses?
There are rules regarding who is eligible for these offers – for each of the checking and savings offers, you cannot get the bonus if you're an existing Chase customer for that product. So if you have an existing Chase checking account, you cannot get the bonus for the checking offer. If you have an existing Chase savings account, you cannot get the Chase savings account offer.
Also, you can only get one new checking and one new savings account bonus every two years based on the enrollment date.
That's it – enjoy the free cash!