The card_name has recently updated its cashback structure to offer one of the highest percentages we've seen for a non-promotional offer – 6% at supermarkets with a $6,000 per year in spending limit. Terms Apply.
Here's the full list of cashback tiers on this card:
- 6% cashback at supermarkets on $6,000 per year in spending,
- 3% cashback at gas stations with no limit,
- 3% cashback on transit (ground transportation only),
- 6% cashback on select US streaming (Spotify, Netflix, Hulu, HBO, ShowTime, Pandora, Apple Music, Amazon Music or Video but not Amazon Prime – see the American Express website for full detailed list),
- 1% on eligible purchases with no limit.
There's also a very attractive welcome bonus:
- Welcome Bonus: bonus_miles_full
- Cash Back Rate: Tiered cashback rate explained above, but minimum is 1% cash back with no limit.
- Fees: annual_fees
- Foreign transaction fees:
- Extra Perks & Protections: American Express's suite of perks and protections, which you can see here.
Why we like this card: 6% on U.S. supermarkets on up to $6,000 per year in purchases (then 1%), 3% Cash Back at U.S. gas stations and on transit (including taxis/rideshare, parking, tolls, trains, buses and more). Finally, 1% Cash Back on other purchases is a great cashback card. The only (potential) drawback is the annual fee after the first year – but you make up for it with the potential $360 in annual cashback you can earn from supermarket shopping.