Bitcoin, Ethereum, Monero, Litecoin, the blockchain, wallets, exchanges – it can seem like the crypto universe is moving faster than we can take it all in. If that’s your experience, you’re hardly alone. Crypto is evolving so quickly that is now being offered by several investment brokers.
How do you keep it all together – the endless cryptos, exchanges, terminology, etc.
Increasingly, crypto portfolio trackers appear to be the solution. A single portfolio tracker can keep track of your crypto holdings and other assets across multiple platforms like financial aggregators.
What are the best crypto portfolio trackers? Before answering that question, let’s first look at what crypto portfolio trackers are and why they’re becoming increasingly important to crypto investors.
Table of Contents
What Is a Crypto Portfolio Tracker?
A tracker enables you to link and track crypto holdings across various platforms, including a mix of several exchanges, even a broker or two. For example, Robinhood and Webull offer crypto trading, stocks, and exchange-traded funds.
If you have crypto in multiple “cookie jars,” it can be difficult to know exactly what the value of your holdings is at any one time. If you also have your money spread across several cryptos, that will add another layer of complication.
A crypto portfolio tracker is designed to address that very situation. Since they can accommodate multiple investment platforms, you’ll be able to see exactly what your crypto balance is and the allocation across multiple currencies.
In addition, some crypto portfolio trackers offer other financial services, like budgeting and tracking of stocks and other investments. A few even allow you to place trades through the service.
Why Use a Crypto Portfolio Tracker?
If you’re a serious crypto investor, you’ve likely diversified your holdings across multiple currencies. A single crypto portfolio tracker can track digital assets across hundreds of crypto exchanges.
Since not all exchanges accommodate all cryptos, you may have your money spread across several platforms. You’ll need to break out a calculator any time you want to get the big picture view of your crypto holdings.
But if you have a crypto portfolio tracker, that process will be completely unnecessary. By linking the various exchanges and brokers to a crypto portfolio tracker, you’ll have your entire portfolio displayed on a single screen.
That will make it easier to assess the amount of crypto you own, how well it’s allocated, and even measure your investment success.
What to Look for in a Crypto Portfolio Tracker
Like an investment broker, you’ll want to choose a crypto portfolio tracker that best matches your investor profile, preferences, and behavior.
Some factors to consider in choosing the right tracker include:
- Cryptocurrencies tracked: this should match the crypto you already hold and any you may be considering in the future.
- Other assets includable in the platform: if you have other types of investments, like stocks and funds, you can select a tracker that accommodates investment brokerage accounts. We’ve included some in our list below.
- Platform efficiency: this should include the ability of the tracker to provide real-time pricing, portfolio management tools, and even alerts on major announcements.
- Ease of use: this is a subjective consideration, but to help you decide, we’ve included ratings by Android and iOS users (where available) to help you gauge the satisfaction levels with most of the trackers we’ve listed.
- Cost: some trackers are free to use, while others require a paid subscription. If you dabble in crypto, a free tracker may be all you need; advanced traders will want to pay for a subscription.
Like so many other financial services, crypto portfolio trackers continue to expand their menus to include other financial products and services. You can decide if you want a tracker that includes those services or if you prefer to seek them elsewhere.
Best Crypto Portfolio Trackers
We’ve looked at more than a dozen crypto portfolio trackers and narrowed our list down to six that we believe are worth considering.
CoinStats enables you to manage your entire crypto portfolio from one dashboard, and it takes only a few minutes to start. The service is currently being used by more than a half-million users worldwide, managing over $500 billion and over $500 million in transactions and trades.
The CoinStats wallet enables you to manage your crypto and DeFi (decentralize finance) in one place. You can use the wallet to buy, sell, swap, and track crypto. But one of the most significant features of CoinStats is that you can earn up to 20% interest on your crypto for the platform.
For individuals (special pricing is available for groups of more than ten members), CoinStats offers two pricing plans. Each is available in both monthly and annual subscription fees.
If you choose the monthly plan over the annual plan, the PRO plan will be $4.99 per month, while Premium will be $19.99 per month.
- Connect with Binance, Coinbase, Ethereum, Ledger, Metamask, etc.
- Tracking, analysis, and market insights from more than 8,000 cryptos
- Provides instant notifications of breaking news from more than 40 sources
- Pays up to 20% interest on your crypto balance
- Military-grade encryption and industry best practices
- Flexible pricing plans
- User Ratings: 4.8 out of 5 stars on The App Store among 63,300 iOS users and 4.7 out of 5 among more than 1,200 Android users
FTX (formerly, Blockfolio)
FTX/Blockfolio is a highly popular tracker with over six million users in 200+ countries. You can use it to manage more than 10,000 cryptocurrencies. It may be the single best portfolio tracker if you are an active trader. That’s because you can earn free crypto for trades over $10. There is no cost to download the app.
You can use the app to buy and sell crypto and track it anywhere it’s held. You’ll also get timely alerts to help you better take advantage of trading opportunities. Also, FTX helps you to gain access to the most competitive trading fees in the industry. The company is both US-based and regulated.
The app can be up and running in less than three minutes and ready for trading. FTX also enables you to explore, collect, and even mint non-fungible tokens (NFTs), which have become increasingly popular in the digital asset space.
- Connect with more than 500 crypto exchanges.
- Pays up to 8% on crypto balances
- Earn free crypto on trades over $10
- No cost to download or use the app
- User Ratings: 4.8 out of 5 stars on The App Store among 6,000 iOS users and 3.9 out of 5 among more than 161,852 Android users
Kubera describes itself as the world’s most modern portfolio tracker. It acts as a portfolio aggregator, where you can track all your investments, including stocks, brokerage accounts, banks, currencies, and crypto-assets. It claims to track over $10 billion in personal and institutional assets.
If you sign up for Kubera, you should know that you cannot download the app on Google Play or The App Store. While you can access it from iOS and Android devices, it doesn’t have a downloadable app specifically designed for either mobile device.
Kubera works with all major wallets and crypto exchanges, creating more options for linkage. It also enables you to track other digital assets, like NFTs. The company claims it has “reliable connectivity” with more than 20,000 banks and fintech worldwide.
As an added feature, it also enables you to track the value of tangible assets, ledgers, homes, cars, precious metals, and even web domain names. And with all your assets assembled on one platform, Kubera also gives you the capability to track your financial progress.
Kubera charges a flat fee of $150 per year for personal accounts, but that starts with just $1 for a 14-day trial. The service is also available for institutions.
- Acts as an aggregator for other investments, as well as digital assets
- Integrates with all major crypto exchanges and wallets
- Calculates accurate rates of return for all investments, both digital and traditional
- Performs currency conversions
- You can share a read-only link of your portfolio with financial professionals, like CPAs and investment advisors, or when you want to apply for a loan.
- Available for both US and international users.
- User Ratings: N/A
Much like Kubera, Delta is a crypto tracker that enables you to track stocks and exchange-traded funds. On the crypto side, you can track all crypto coins, including Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, and more than 7,000 altcoins. Provides up-to-the-minute coin prices, market charts in local currencies, and alerts to keep you up-to-date.
Delta supports more than 300 crypto exchanges and most crypto wallets. You can personalize the app to provide notifications based on your investment behavior. It offers trend charts and profit and loss for each asset in your portfolio. You can also create unlimited crypto portfolios, including those from different owners, so that you can share strategies.
Stocks can be tracked from global markets, providing the latest stock prices and market charts, and alerts. Just as is the case with your crypto holdings, you’ll be able to see the trend of your equity investments and your profit and loss since you began investing.
The Delta app connects directly with broker accounts, and you can set it up to provide notifications of your favorite stocks. You can also track multiple stock portfolios, including those from different owners.
The basic Delta app is free to download. The cost for Delta PRO is between $60 and $80 per year and varies depending upon your country of residence and whether you have an iOS or Android device. Delta PRO provides advanced metrics, synchronization with up to five devices, unlimited connections to exchanges or wallets, portfolio analytics, etc.
- Track stocks and ETFs, along with cryptocurrencies.
- Tracks more than 7,000 cryptos
- Connect with more than 300 exchanges.
- Create unlimited portfolios.
- Unlimited connections to exchanges and wallets with Delta PRO
- Basic service is free to download, but there is a fee for Delta PRO
- User Ratings: 4.8 out of 5 stars on The App Store among 9,700 iOS users and 4.2 out of 5 among more than 25,700 Android users.
Lunch Money is a personal finance and budgeting app that offers a crypto portfolio tracker. It’s an international service with users in more than 30 countries worldwide, and it can track transactions in multiple currencies.
You can connect the app directly with crypto wallets and ledgers. Lunch Money works with most popular crypto exchanges and hardware wallets.
Much like some of the other portfolio trackers on this list, you can add other financial accounts to the platform. That includes importing information directly from your bank and other financial institutions. You can also create monthly budgets and track expenses, complete with detailed stats on your monthly spending.
As a subscriber to Lunch Money, you’ll have access to the Lunch Money community on Slack. There, you can swap investment ideas and strategies with other crypto traders. You can also get information on other financial activities, like personal finance and other investments.
Lunch Money is available for $100 per year, though they currently offer the first year at just $70. Alternatively, you can pay monthly, at $10 per month.
Either way, you can try the app free for 14 days, and they don’t even require you to put a credit card on file to get started. You can continue the subscription and add your credit card if you like the product.
- Assemble all your financial accounts on one platform.
- Provides budgeting and expense tracking
- Connects with most crypto exchanges, ledgers, and wallet
- Participate in the Lunch Money community on Slack.
- Try the app free for 14 days – no credit card required!
- No downloadable app for Android and iOS mobile devices
- User Ratings: N/A
CoinMarket may have the largest number of crypto tracked of any portfolio tracker, including more than 16,000 cryptos on over 450 exchanges.
It’s one of the more established crypto portfolio trackers, having launched in 2013. CoinMarket is available for download on both iOS and Android devices.
The app provides real-time price data, tracks your current portfolio balance and profit and loss, and keeps your data safe and secure. However, it is strictly a tracking service and does not offer trading in cryptos.
There is no cost to use the basic app. But there are in-app purchases for add-ons that can range from $4.99 per month to $50.99 per year.
- One of the most comprehensive crypto portfolio trackers, tracking more than 16,000 cryptos
- It launched in 2013, making it one of the older competitors in the space.
- Tracks portfolio balances and profit and loss on your holdings.
- Free to download and use, but there are upsell products available.
- User Ratings: 4.5 out of 5 stars on The App Store among 95 iOS users and 4.3 out of 5 among more than 493 Android users
Final Thoughts on Crypto Portfolio Trackers
Crypto investing is becoming increasingly complicated due to the expanding number of digital currencies and exchanges where you can hold them. Suppose you currently hold crypto across several different platforms. In that case, you can simplify your life and advance your crypto investing significantly by taking advantage of one of the crypto portfolio trackers above.