JPMorgan Chase Bank is one the largest banks in the United States on any number of statistical measures. According to the Federal Reserve, they are largest by total assets with $2.1 trillion.
They got there because they offer some of the most attractive sign-up promotions in the market.
Whether it's for their credit cards or bank accounts, Chase has the best offers you'll find anywhere.
On this page, we'll recap their best banking and credit card promotional offers so you get the most for bringing your business to them.
Bank Account Promotions
What's great about Chase bank accounts is that Chase has locations everywhere. They have over five thousand branches (5,070 to be exact) and trail only Wells Fargo for the most number of branches (they have 5,778).
What makes Chase even better is that they have the best promotional offers for opening a bank account.
Check these out!
Chase Total Checking & Savings – up to $350 Cash
With Chase's Total Checking and Savings account, you can get up to $350 in cash if you meet all the requirements.
First, you can get $200 with the Chase Total Checking account when you:
- Open a new Chase Total Checking account and,
- Deposit $25+ and,
- Set up and receive a Direct Deposit within sixty days. It needs to be a paycheck, pension or government benefit deposit. It can't be a transfer from another bank.
The bonus is deposited within 10 business days of meeting all the above requirements. You need to keep the account open for six months or they take back the cash.
Be aware that this account has $12 monthly service fee that can be waived if you meet one of these requirements:
- Have a monthly direct deposit of at least $500, or,
- Maintain a minimum daily balance of $1,500+, or
- Maintain an average daily balance of $5,000+ in any combination of qualifying Chase checking, savings, and other balances.
To earn an additional $150, you need to open a Chase Savings Account and:
- Deposit $10,000+ in new money within 20 business days and,
- Maintain a $10,000+ balance for 90 days.
The bonus is deposited within 10 business days of meeting all the above requirements.
Also, the Chase Savings Account has a $5 monthly service fee that is waived if you meet one of these requirements:
- Maintain a minimum daily balance of $300+, or,
- Have at least one repeating automatic transfer of $25+ from your Chase personal checking account, or,
- Have a linked Chase Premier Plus Checking, Chase Premier Platinum Checking, or Chase Private Client Checking account.
Chase Total Business Checking – $200 Cash
Last but not least, if you run a business, opening a Chase Total Business Checking account can put $200 in your pocket. The requirements are easy:
- Deposit $1,000+ in new money within 20 business days,
- Maintain that balance for 60 days,
- Complete five qualifying transactions within 60 days – debit card purchases, Chase QuickDeposit, ACH (credits), and wires (credits and debits).
That's it – you'll get the bonus in 10 days.
Chase Premier Plus Checking – $300 Cash
If you have a little more cash on hand, you can get $300 by opening a Chase Premier Plus Checking account. It's a separate bonus and you'll need to get a coupon to bring to a Chase branch. The requirements are similar though, open a Chase Premier Plus Checking account with $25 and get a direct deposit within 60 days. You'll get the bonus in 10 business days and you'll need to keep the account open for 6 months.
The Chase Premier Plus Checking has a $25 monthly service fee that is waived if you meet one of these:
- Maintain a minimum daily balance of $15,000+ across your Chase accounts, or,
- Have automatic payments to your qualifying linked Chase mortgage from your Chase account. Payments set up through Online Bill Pay do not qualify. Mortgages must be in good standing and be first mortgages with servicing retained by Chase.
Chase Sapphire Checking – $1,000
Chase is offering a new type of checking account, called the Chase Sapphire Checking, for folks who have $75,000+ in cash or securities that they can deposit in a Chase account. To get the $750, open a Chase Sapphire Checking account and move at least $75,000 in cash or securities to Chase. This can include investment accounts. Once you maintain those balances for 90+ days, you'll get the points deposited within 45 business days.
The checking account has a $25 monthly fee that is waived if you maintain a beginning of the day balance of $75,000 or more.
J.P. Morgan Promotions
J.P. Morgan is the investment brokerage arm of Chase and they have a great promotion for new accounts.
You Invest by J.P. Morgan – up to $625
You can get up to $625 when you open and fund a new You Invest account. The bonus you earn is based on how much you deposit:
- Fund with $25,000 – $99,999: Get $200
- Fund with $100,000 – $249,999: Get $300
- Fund with $250,000 or more: Get $625
You can open a brokerage (individual or joint taxable), Traditional IRA, or Roth IRA, make the deposit and you'll earn the bonus on the 45th day. Maintain the funds for 90 days and you'll get the bonus in 10 business days. There's also no monthly service fee!
All customers will get 100 commission-free online trades in the first year but if you are a Chase Premier Plus or Total Checking customer, you get 100 commission-free online trades every year.
Learn more about You Invest by J.P. Morgan
INVESTMENT PRODUCTS: NOT A DEPOSIT • NOT FDIC INSURED • NO BANK GUARANTEE • MAY LOSE VALUE
Credit Cards Promotions
Chase Bank powers a lot of credit cards. Many have their name in them, like the Chase Sapphire Reserve, but many do not, like the Southwest Rapid Rewards Credit Card.
Here are some of their best offers:
Chase Sapphire Reserve – 50,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards Points
If you're a traveler, you can't beat the Chase Sapphire Reserve card. The sign-up bonus is 50,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards after you spend $4,000 in the first three months.
That alone is worth $500 in gift cards. If you use them on Chase Ultimate Rewards, you get a 50% bonus and now that $500 is worth $750.
With Chase Ultimate Rewards, you get the most value if you use them through their online travel portal. With some cards, you get a 25% bonus. On others, like the Chase Sapphire Reserve, you get a 50% bonus.
There is a $550 annual fee but the card comes with a ton of perks including a $300 annual travel credit, airport lounge access, and free Global Entry and/or TSA PreCheck. The Global Entry application fee is $100 and the TSA PreCheck fee is $85.
Southwest Rapid Rewards Card – up to 60,000 Rapid Rewards Points
There are three different cards, with slightly different perks and fees, but the bonus is the same – 40,000 Rapid Rewards points after you spend $1,000 on purchases in the first 3 months and then a bonus 20,000 points after you spend another $12,000 in the first year.
This applies to:
- Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus Credit Card – $69 annual fee
- Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Credit Card – $99 annual fee
- Southwest Rapid Rewards Priority Credit Card – $149 annual fee
Southwest routinely offers anywhere from 40,000 to 50,000 Rapid Reward points on these credit cards, 60k is the highest I've seen.
Chase Freedom – $150 Cash
The Chase Freedom card will give you $150 cash after you spend $500 on purchases in the first three months.
This card has no annual fee and a solid 5% cashback on up to $1,500 in spending in bonus categories each quarter. The bonus categories change but they often line up in categories you'll find yourself spending money in. For example, for the fourth quarter of this year, the category was department stores (including wholesale clubs). You get 1% cashback on all other purchases with no limit.
Ink Business Preferred – 80,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards Points
Do you have a business? If so, you can get 80,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first three months. This card has a 25% bonus if you spend those points through the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal so the 80,000 is worth $1,000 in travel.
You also earn 3X points on the first $150,000 spent on travel, shipping purchases, Internet, cable and phone services, and on advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines each year.
It has a $95 annual fee but the bonus more than pays for that for a solid decade!